It was a real treat for me to spend some time with my great friend and mentor, Chris Buxton, talking about the need for new campus ministries.
- Chris and his wife, Monica, planted/restarted WolfLife Campus Ministry at Arkansas State University in January 2010.
- There are hundreds of universities in the U.S. without a campus ministry affiliated with the Churches of Christ.
- The Campus for Christ board is in the process of developing a strategy for starting new campus ministries in new places.
- College is a transformative time in every person’s life.
- The great commission is working in reverse; thousands of international students come to the U.S. every year for school.
- The college years present an “unprecedented window of openness.”
- Whatever direction a person’s life is going in the early adult years is most likely the direction they’ll go for the rest of their life.
- Campus for Christ is looking for thriving campus ministries to replicate what they’re doing in new places.
- There are historical reasons to believe that a movement could start again among college students.
- “I don’t see any other ministry that has more potential for life change and for disciple making than campus ministry.”