Why it’s Time to Start New Churches in the U.S.
At CHRISTeens 2014, I got to have a conversation on stage with one of my favorite people, Scott Lambert. Scott is the Network Director for Kairos Church Planting and I love the work they’re doing.
Watch the Video
- “God is always creating.”
- “There’s a church planting movement growing in America again.”
- Every church started
- There was a great wave of church planting 100 plus years ago
- America is a ripe mission field
- There are more Churches of Christ in Africa than there are in America
- “I’m going to call on you…to start having a vision for the whole world which includes your backyard.”
- “What your seeing in church planting is an expression of God creating an exciting movement of people again in America.”
- “It’s going to be your generation that will lead a great revival in America.”
- People are asking questions about spiritual things
- “We aren’t trying to steal people from other churches.”
- Kairos has started over 30 churches since 2006
- “God’s a creator, he loves everybody.”
- “Do not leave this to the professionals. You can go places we can’t go.”
- “I think God is going to use you to do great things in this century.”
- “God’s not done. He’s going to use you.”
- Young followers of Jesus are uniquely equipped and called to reach their peers.
- Pray for the people you’re around each day.