Introducing Palmer

It has been a crazy few days for the Reynolds family, crazy in a good way…a very, very good way. I’ll do my best to bring you up to speed.

We received a call last Thursday informing us that we’d been selected to adopt a child due to be born on August 20th. Friday morning we were leaving for Lincoln, Nebraska to visit some friends at the Heartlands Church. We stopped along the way for a conference call with a few people from the agency.

As an aside, we love the fact that our agency allows the expecting mothers to choose the family that adopts their child. In fact, that’s one of the things that drew us to the agency. They treat these women with such love, respect, and grace. We love that! Because of this the agency arranges a meeting with the adopting parents and birth mother after they’ve been selected so both sides have an opportunity to confirm the match.

During our conference call last Friday we arranged a meeting for Tuesday in Texas. We left Nebraska Sunday afternoon and spent the night in Kansas City. Monday morning we drove home to Russellville, picked up a few things, and headed to my parents house in southwest Arkansas. Tuesday we drove to Texas, had an incredible meeting, and drove back to my parents house. The agency makes you “sleep on it” before confirming a match. Even though we never had a moment’s doubt, we waited until first thing Wednesday morning to call and confirm. Within an hour we received a call telling us that the birth mother confirmed and (this is a big “and”) she was going to deliver the baby that day, two weeks early. By 5 p.m. Wednesday, Palmer Landon Reynolds was here weighing in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces and stretching to 20 and a half inches long. He’s doing great!

Katie and I feel so blessed. Eden is excited. The first thing she said yesterday morning was, “I want to see my baby!” Over the last few days it’s become obvious to us that God sent Palmer to us. I am overwhelmed by God. I feel like we’re riding a wave of grace.

It will be awhile until we’re able to get home. It’s illegal to cross the state line until all of the paper work is finalized. We’re told it will take ten to fourteen days. We can’t wait to get home so everyone can meet Palmer. Thank you for all the prayers along the way. God has been good to us.

12 comments for “Introducing Palmer

1. Donna & Steve
    August 10, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Tears of joy for the Reynolds family, welcome to your new family Palmer, we can’t wait to meet you!

• August 10, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Thanks! I’ll make sure Palmer gets the message. Ha!

2. Brian Baker
    August 10, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Such a good God who has blessed a wonderful family. We just smile with you!

3. August 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm

We are so happy for all of you. He is a handsome young man and Eden has that beautiful ear to ear smile,you can see the love for her baby brother.

4. Susan lewis
    August 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Oh my what a blessing adopted children are. Both of ours were not grown under my heart, but in it. They are so special as I know your Palmer is to you. Billy and I send our congrats and look forward to meeting him in person. God indeed is good.

5. Tim and Julie Trivitt
    August 11, 2012 at 12:31 pm

We are so, so happy for you. What a blessing he will be for you and you will be for him! Congrats to everyone.

6. Richard & Wendy
    August 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm

WOW, so absolutely fantastic! I know this is an answer to many, many prayers!

7. Janna Beth Hunt
    August 11, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Can’t tell you the joy in my heart for you guys and this little precious one! I’m thrilled for you guys! I know you are going to be a blessing in his life!!

• August 11, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Thank you so much Janna Beth! The timing of this whole process has been divine. Thanks for sharing in our joy.

8. August 13, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Wonderful news ~~ a special blessing for a very special family! Palmer is one blessed boy because he has you all for his family. Can’t wait to meet him and see the rest of you all googley-eyed with excitement and joy!

9. Gina
    August 14, 2012 at 12:43 am

We are so excited for you guys. He is beautiful like his big sister. God is good & he has blessed you guys with a perfect gift. Can’t wait to see you guys all together. Love y’all. ~Gina Isaziga ~

• August 14, 2012 at 1:03 am

Thanks, Gina! We miss you guys and hope to see you sometime soon!